Long Day Care Waitlist
HEY provides care for children aged 4 months to 5 years old.
We would encourage contacting us directly for 3 year old and 4 year old Kindergarten Classrooms. Children below these age groups we recommend joining our waitlist.
How the waitlist at HEY works:
Our waitlist is the first place we consult when a position at the Service becomes available. Each of our rooms has a certain age range of children within it and when a spot becomes available, we filter the waitlist to that age group, then offer places by priority of access and date order of application.
The waitlist is electronic and can be accessed via the instuctions below.
Who can apply:
We take applications for children that are unborn through to 4 years old.
Our Long Day Care Programs run Monday to Friday and there are two options available at HEY:
- Long Day Care for ages 4 months to 3 years
- Long Day Care Kindergarten: 3 and 4 year old Kindergarten programs
Tour the Service:
We recommend you arrange a visit/tour to familiarise yourself with our Service, however it is not essential in order to go onto our waiting list and you can view our classrooms here or take a virtual tour here. Tours are by appointment and to arrange a visit please contact us on (03) 9819 2326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours usually run one day a week at 10.30am, however please make contact with us to register for the next tour.
How to apply:
To create an application and pay the $50 one-off, non-refundable waitlist fee please follow the below instructions:
– Click Apply for Enrolment at HEY via the button to the right
– This will take you to MyWaitlist and you will be prompted to create an account.
– Once you create an account you will be taken through the application form
– At the end of the form you will be prompted to pay the $50 waitlist application fee. (The one off fee is payable at time of application and your application is not active on the waitlist until the fee has been paid. It is non-refundable, whether you receive a spot at Hawthorn Early Years or not).
You will be sent periodical reminders to confirm if you still require a place at HEY until you accept an offer. Please feel free to login to MyWaitlist or email email@example.com at any time during your wait to update details relating to the application for your child on our waiting list.
Please note: due to priority of access requirments and varying availability, we are unable to tell you exactly what place you are in the list or exactly how long the wait will be to secure a spot at Hawthorn Early Years. All advice is general in nature and wait times provided by our staff are estimations. Current trend indicates the waiting time for children under 18 months old may be approximately 2 years before an offer is available to be made. Flexibility where possible is always advised.
Our Waitlist and Enrolment Procedures are available here